Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Oh The Places You'll Go

Well the time has arrived, in less then 24 hours now i will board my plane to Chicago and step into the new and exciting journey. In more ways then one it feels almost surreal. Yet at the same time, i'm so ready to go.  The journey has been long and the road most certainly has been rough along the way, but i've arrived. I never would have made it without so many wonderful and amazing people helping along the way.
To my Father:
Im sure there have been multiple time through out the last 22 years that you've wanted to ring my neck, but you never gave up on me. Thank you. Looking back now and realizing the amount of undue stress I put on you and mom makes me all the more grateful for the unconditional love you both have showed me. The example you have set for me in your daily living has been beyond compare. I couldn't ask for a better man to teach me what it means to be a man. Grandpa Claud would be so proud of you and the life you share with so many people. I love you.
To my Mother:
Where do I even begin? You have been my best friend and my strong hold through all of my darkest times. Who am i kidding, i've always been a momma's boy. For all the years of putting up with me, my attitude, my stubbornness, my stupidity and encouraging me to chase my wildest dreams, thank you. I would not be at the junction I am in my life right now without you and dad. You both have set such an amazing example of what it truly means to love. To love each other, to love us kids, and to love the people around you. Im gonna miss mom's cooking so much i don't even wanna think about it. I love you.
To my Sisters:
Kelsey, you start your freshman year of college in a few short weeks, my God i'm getting old. You've grown into such an outstanding beautiful young woman that i'm so incredibly blessed to call my sister. This world has big plans for you and you have/will touch many lives. Be smart and don't be afraid to ask for help in the next year as you step more into the adult world. It can be a scary place. Oh and that Kyle kid, be nice to him. He is an amazing young man, and he treats you better then i have most of the time. Use patience with each other and know that at the end of the day you both love each other to death and you guys will go far. I love you.
Kailey, you're headed into your freshman year of high school this year.......wow. What happened to little tiny bugaboo? You're turning into such a beautiful young women, yes, and i kinda hate it, but thats a whole different story. Be wise in your decision making as you step into a bigger world and into more personal freedoms. You're a smart kid, don't be dumb. And remember, if you're thinking it i guarantee i've tried it. Be the change you want to see in this world. Have fun cheering this year, i have no doubt that you will do amazing. So proud of you sis, love you.
Kendra, oh the fuzz monkey. You too are stepping into a new journey this year as you start attending the middle school. You have such an amazing capacity for love it blows my mind sometimes. Don't loose that as you start into this new journey that is adolescence. Kids can be mean, don't let them get ya down and don't ever stop sticking up for the little guys. Keep being the amazing young lady you are and you will go far in this world. Love you.
Kinley, well buddy you're much to small to even comprehend any of this but i'm going to write it anyway. You brother, have been such a blessing in disguise to this family. You have brought us all so much closer again. You're growing up so fast, and i'm sad i'm going to miss the next year of all the fun firsts you'll have but i'm sure ill still get to share them in one way or another. Keep swinging that bat and throwing the ball, and don't let the sisters give ya too much crap while i'm gone. Love ya buddy.

And to everyone else who has played such a big part in my life the last 22 years thank you. I know without a doubt i wouldn't be where i am, if here at all, if it wasn't for all of you and the love you have showed me.
My journey has begun, now i'm just along for the ride. Love you guys! God bless!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment