Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Holy Spirit Song

I got the privilege of being made aware of the Holy Spirits presence tonight at Ash Wednesday service. I sat quietly singing along to one of my favorite songs as people filled up to the altar to receive their ashes and blessings, when a voice from behind me began to grow louder in my ears. It was one of the most beautiful voices i'd ever heard as it worked it's way in through my ears deep down inside of my soul. Before I knew what was happening I felt tears running down my face.

I wiped the tears from my face and turned to see where this voice of an angel was coming from. My eyes made contact with hers and we both simply smiled at each other in a joint understanding, no words needed.

And that's how a woman in her late seventies found a place into my soul and wrapped me in the love of her beautiful voice.


Peace

 
*written March 5th

No comments:

Post a Comment