Friday, January 10, 2014

"Bachelors"

As holiday time begins to come to an end here, I can't help but have some things come back into my mind from before it all started. One in particular is that starting next week Moruti and myself are on our own again with Kiki. Mmamoruti will be returning to Mafikeng on week days again to continue with University. As this came to my mind the other day I couldn't help but chuckle inside.

Before the holiday season was upon us last year and Mmamoruti was still attending University during the week, Moruit and I had developed quite the team. There really is no way around it when two men are living together. With the absence of Mmamoruti lets just say household chores sometimes went to the wayside through out the week. Yet, it never failed that the house was clean for Mmamoruti every time she returned home.

The memories of me and Moruti frantically cleaning the house, doing the dishes, the laundry and whatever other chores we had put off until that point in the week will be ones that I forever cherish. Two "bachelors" scrambling every Friday to please the woman of the house is quite the scene. There is some unknown incredibly profound power a mother and a wife hold over her house, and quite frankly I love it.

So here is to the soon return of franticly racing to prepare for Mmamoruti's arrival on Friday evenings with my partner in crime.

 

Peace

 

*written January 9th

No comments:

Post a Comment