Friday, January 10, 2014

Lets Have A Conversation

In recent weeks though I have been receiving more then abundant nourishment from my community in regards to the holiday season and being welcomed into a family, i've still had a small sense of something missing.

My faith and spiritual life were going through a bit of a cold spell. The more I thought on it and broke down why this might be the case things started to become much more clear. I myself was the one to blame. I hadn't realized what a good job i'd been doing of neglecting the spiritual practices that have become such important parts of my life and who I am. Since restarting old practices and once again being very intentional about staying diligent to them, I've began to feel much better about my faith life again.

Tonight at Youth League was no exception. We broke into small groups and prompted conversation with the question,"What's the difference between conversation and prayer?" Discussion went on for well over an hour. It felt so good to be engaged in faith discussion with my brothers and sisters in a time when I so desperately needed it.

So, the conversation continues. Or maybe the prayer continues…….

 

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment