Monday, October 21, 2013

Artist's Masterpiece

I found myself lost in the mystery of a sound once remembered from a long time ago. It penetrated my deepest level of consciousness with it's decibels increasing by the second, yet it brought about a calming presence that I couldn't help but fall into. As the sound continued to grow and penetrate fourth into the depths of my mind I begin to watch an array of colors leap and bound before my face like an artist presented with a fresh canvas. Shades of orange ran together creating the deepest red I had ever seen, the hints of green that surrounded it exploded like a rainforest of growth, and the areas that appeared absent of any color at all would occasionally flash into a violent dance of all shades of purple, white, blue, and yellow. I stood a victim to the pure beauty I was watching unfold directly in front of me. I had never seen anything like it. I was witnessing the artist at work, completely ah stricken. After what seamed like decades of being completely consumed by the sound and unable to pull myself from its grasp, I heard it begin to slowly fade. Until it was no longer a sound at all. I took a step back and examined the landscape the artist had so graciously allowed me to watch him create. I rubbed my eyes in disbelief as the colors continued to dance and grow from the canvas. Truly a masterpiece. Divine creation in the making.

It was then that I came back to my senses and realized I had never truly left reality at all. I stood victim again as I watched the thunderstorm still unfolding off in the distance now…..

 

Peace

 

* written October 20th

No comments:

Post a Comment