Friday, November 1, 2013

Bob Marley?

I've alway hear that music is the universal language, and not that i've ever doubted that statement, but today I got to witness it first hand. It was just another day at Keromang Lutheran ELC and the kids had just finished eating their lunch. Kelebogile, Mosagwe and myself were in the kitchen cleaning up the usually after lunch types of things and working on the dishes, and for some reason I was quietly singing No Woman No Cry to myself. Kelebogile stopped dead in her tracks and turned her gaze to me. "Bob Marley?", she said to me with a half perplexed half excited look on her face. I replied with a simple "Ee ma (yes mam in Tswana)", and a big smile. "Oh you know Bob Marley? He is from way back Keeni!!", she exclaimed. So to further prove to her that though young I truly know my Marley music I started into Buffalo Soldier. As soon as I finished the first line, Kele piped in with the second, I with the third, and before long all three of us were bouncing back and forth to the beat and singing Bob Marley songs together as we did the dishes.

It's the little moments in life that become the truly extraordinary memories you will cherish for a life time.

 

Peace

 

*written October 24th

No comments:

Post a Comment